Thursday, March 18, 2010

Answers to your Questions...

We've received several questions from our friend over the past few day.  Some of these were great questions, so I felt I should post them here for everyone who may be wondering the same thing.

I think I'm fluffing too much!...

I suppose I need to figure out how to make one of those videos, but I'm not that computer savvy - LOL. I'll see what I can do.

If you are getting all the way down to the glue, then yes, you are fluffing too much or brushing too hard.  You only want to fluff the edges of your critter, not the inside of the bear.  With light strokes, run your silver brush along the edge of the bear part, maybe 3 times... I stress lightly, but not so lightly that you are "bearly" touching your bear (no pun intended *grins*).  Using a "comma" (or "C") like stroke I find works best.  Use GENTLE strokes... remember, you aren't grooming your pooch. *wink*.  If you click any of the images below, you can see the "fluff" in more detail.  Adding some chalk really makes the fluff  "pop" too.

What is this Nylon Brush for?

The Nylon (black bristle) brush is what I use to groom or clean up my critter.  Once the bear is complete, all parts are dried, my final step is to remove any loose fuzz that is stuck to my bear.  Of course, this creates another episode of "sneezing" for me - LOL.  I also use it for the muzzle of my bear because I don't like alot of "fluff" on it.  That is just my personal preference though.  I'll also use it to create "circular" fluff on the paws.  See image below this post.

How do I position the eyes properly?

Positioning eyes can be tricky sometimes.  When I make my bears, I always glue the muzzle in place first.  This gives me a good starting point so that I can space everything else out evening.

Once I've attached the muzzle, I then glue on the ears.  Keep them low.  If you position them too high, your bear may end up looking like a mouse.

Now that the basic part of the head is done, I then glue the nose to the muzzle.  I like to position mine higher on the muzzle. 

Use the nose as a guide to evenly space out your eyes.  You may want to position then first before attaching them permanately to the critter.

I Think I Mixed Up My Patterns?

No problem... just call me.  I've done this quite a few times already.  I'll walk you through which piece goes with what Beary Sweet Design.  Unfortunately, we have not been able to get colored acrylic yet, but we are working on it.  In the meantime, what I recommend doing is getting those garage sale stickers, you know the circle sticker you can find at Staples, and dotting each pattern a differnt color.  Cutting up some address lables and coloring them in works great too - that's what I do.  It's the most I've been able to play with my copic - LOL. 

Once you've colored your labels and attached them to your parts, make sure you note, or color, or put a colored sticker on your baggie or packaging insert.  I've started etching the first letter of the pattern on the pieces along with it's coordinating label letter.  Example, Charlie's head is labeled "C/H".  "C" for Charlie, "H" for Head.

I hope I was able to shed some light on your questions.  Please feel free to email me with any other questions you may have.  I will do my best to get back to you ASAP.  Please include in your email you phone number and the best time to call you.  I find the phone to be easier for me to get to.. typing takes too long.  Besides, I can muti-task when I'm on the phone.  Most of all, I love being able to actually talk to our customers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave us a comment or ask a question. We loving hearing from you. :)